- Catherine Elizabeth Middleton was born at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading on January 9, 1982.
- Her parents are Michael and Carole Middleton.
- She is the oldest of 3 children. Her siblings are Philippa Charlotte "Pippa" Middleton and James William Middleton.
- As a youngster, she lived with her family in Jordan in the mid-1980s.
- After attending an English Language nursey school in Jordan, she attended St Andrew's School, then briefly Downe House before attending Marlborough College.
- At the age of 13, in 1995, she went to the £15,000-a-year Marlborough College in Wiltshire.
- In 2001, the Duchess enrolled at the University of St Andrews, Fife, from where she graduated in 2005 with a 2:1 in History of Art.
- Her full title and style is: Her Royal Highness The Princess William Arthur Phillip Louis, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus. The style she uses is HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (throughout the UK) and in Scotland-HRH Catherine, Countess of Strathearn.
- The Duchess is a keen photographer and took pictures for her parent's mail order business Party Pieces.
- The duchess worked in London as a part-time buyer for the clothing company Jigsaw Junior.
- Catherine followed wedding tradition, and for "something blue" had a blue ribbon sewn into the interior of her dress.
- Her wedding dress had a 2.7m train and hand embroidered individual lace flowers.
- After the wedding ceremony, on April 29 last year, her bouquet was placed on the Grave of the Unknown Warrior at Westminster Abbey after the service, continuing a tradition started by the late The Queen Mother, the mother of Queen Elizabeth II.
- She is allergic to horses.
- The duchess is an official ambassadors for Team GB and Paralympic GB (along with her husband and brother-in-law).
- With her husband William she will travel to Malaysia, Singapore, Solomon Islands and Tuvalu to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this year.
- The royal is patron of Action on Addiction and the National Portrait Gallery, and royal patron of East Anglia's Children's Hospices and The Art Room.
- She is also a volunteer with the Scout Association and in the future will join activities privately with groups in north Wales and other areas.
- Whenever the royal is photographed wearing high street fashion the garment quickly sells out.
- She was selected by The Daily Telegraph as the "Most Promising Newcomer" in its 2006 list of style winners and losers.
- Tatler placed her at number 8 on its yearly listing of the top ten style icons in 2007
- She was featured in People magazine's 2007 and 2010 best-dressed lists.
- The Duchess was named as one of Richard Blackwell's ten "Fabulous Fashion Independents" of 2007.
- In June 2008, Style.com selected her as its monthly beauty icon.
- In July 2008, Shewas included in Vanity Fair's international best-dressed list.
- In February 2011, she was named the Top Fashion Buzzword of the 2011 season by the Global Language Monitor.
- The Duchess is known for mixing couture pieces, often by British designers, with 'High Street' retail fashion. Designers worn by the Duchess include Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen, Issa, Jenny Packham, Beulah London, Alice Temperley, Erdem and Catherine Walker; high street labels worn by the Duchess include Reiss, Zara and L.K.Bennett.
- In February 2006, it was announced that Middleton would receive her own 24-hour security detail supplied by the Royalty Protection branch (SO14).
- She was formally introduced to public life on 24 February 2011, two months before the wedding, when she and Prince William attended a lifeboat naming ceremony in Trearddur, Anglesey in North Wales.
- She presently has one honorary military appointment-a Canadian Ranger, as of 5 July 2011.
Monday, January 9, 2012
30 Facts about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
In honor of her 30th birthday, here are 30 facts about Great Britain's future Queen:
Archduchess Magdalena Maria Alexandra Zita Charlotte of Austria was born on 24 Februrary 2016 as the second daughter of Archduke Imre of ...
Camille Marie Kelly Gottlieb is considered one of the "lucky" ones of the illegitimate child coverage. She is fully acknowledged b...
Belgium -King Philippe, Queen Mathilde, Princess Elisabeth, The Duchess of Brabant, Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel & Princess ...
Have you ever wondered who those nice looking ladies were following the Queens and Princess of the world, often appearing like personal assi...