She is presently 2nd in line for the throne of Norway (thus it's future Queen. When her father takes the role as King of Norway, she will become Crown Princess of Norway). She is also distantly in line for the British throne as a descendant of Edward VII of the United Kingdom (his youngest daughter Princess Maud was her great-great grandmother).
She was christened on 14 April 2004, where he godparents were:
- King Harald V of Norway (her grandfather)
- Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
- Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (CP V's greatx4 grandmother was also Ingrid Alexandra's greatx4 grandmother)
- Felipe, Prince of Asturias (his great-great grandmother was her great-great-great grandaunt, making them 3rd cousins 2x removed)
- Princess Märtha Louise of Norway (her paternal aunt)
- Marit Tjessem (her maternal grandmother)
She began attending school in August 2010, where she began attending classes at a local state school, the same neighborhood school attended by her older half brother Marius Borg Høiby. Her parents wanted to give her a normal childhood as much as they could. Presently, she should be in her 3rd year at the school, or in Year 3 of Barneskole.