He was educated in Jordan and the United Kingdom. He began his education at Amman Baccalaureate School, before heading off to England. In England, he first attened Port Regis School, before going for his GCSE's at Harrow School. He attended the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst. He also attended the University of Cambridge, earning at B.A. Hons. in Oriental Studies.
Upon graduation, he returned to Jordan to begin a career in the Jordanian Armed Forces. He also undertook several military courses in the mid-1990s. In addition to his military career, he also has found time for charity work. He is or was part of the following organizations:
- Jordan Amateur Boxing Association (Head, 1999-2007)
- The Hasemite Charitable Organization (Chairman of the Board of Trustees, 2002-Present)
- Jordan Polo Team (Captain, 2005-Present)
- Cooperative Monitoring Center Amman (Chairman, 2006-Present)
- Jordan Taekondo Federation (President, 2007-Present)
His engagement to Miss Zeina Shaban was announced on 3 July 2010. They were married just over a year later, on 22 July 2011. Together, they have two children:
- Prince Hassan bin Al-Rashid of Jordan (2013)
- Prince Talal bin Al-Rashid of Jordan (2016)
Prince Rashid bin El Hassan is currently 16th in line for the throne, and his cousin is currently the King of Jordan.