She grew up as an American citizen, but spent much of her younger years globe trotting. She was born in England, and spent her early childhood years in Hong Kong, Switzerland and France. She graduated from high school and attended University in the US (in NYC).
She began dating Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece in the early 1990s, he proposed during a skiing holiday in 1993. They wed in 1994. Together, they have a daughter and four sons:
- HRH Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece, (25 July 1996)
- HRH Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece (named after his grandfather), (29 October 1998)
- HRH. Prince Achileas-Andreas of Greece, (12 August 2000)
- HRH Prince Odysseas-Kimon of Greece, (17 September 2004)
- HRH Prince Aristidis-Stavrosof Greece, (29 June 2008)
Marie-Chantal designs her own range of luxury children's clothing and accessories for the self-titled company she founded in 2000. She has also written and illustrated "The Frog Prince", the first in a planned series of fairy-tales.
Marie-Chantal serves on the board of the School of American Ballet and the Animal Medical Centre. She is also a co-founder of Venetian Heritage and the co-chair of World in Harmony