Royal: adj. a person of royal status or of relation to a King or Queen.
What do they all have in common?
What happens in succession when royal twins are born, you ask?
In most cases, the elder of the twins is before the younger twin. In some cases, (for example, The Hereditary Prince of Monaco and his big sister The Countess of Carladès) the son is first in succession due to the succession laws.
Here's a list of the current living sets of Royal Twins around the world:
- Jacques, duc d'Orléans & Prince Michael d'Orléans, Comte d'Evreux (1941), twin sons of Prince Henri of Orléans, Count of Paris & Princess Isabelle of Orléans-Braganza, Countess of Paris
- Archduchess Michaela of Austria & Archduchess Monika of Austria (1954), twin daughters of Otto von Habsburg and Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen
- Prince Jean of Luxembourg & Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (1957), fraternal twins of Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg & Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte of Luxembourg
- Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia & Prince Michael of Yugoslavia (1958), twin sons of Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia & Princess Maria Pia of Bourbon-Parma
- Prince Sergius of Yugoslavia & Princess Helene of Yugoslavia (1963), fraternal twins of Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia & Princess Maria Pia of Bourbon-Parma
- Prince Jaime, Count of Bardi & Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma, Countess of Colorno (1972), fraternal twins of Princess Irene of The Netherlands and The Duke of Parma
- Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia & Prince Philip of Yugoslavia (1982), twin sons of The Crown Princely Couple of Yugoslaiva
- Prince Sahle Selassie Ermias of Ethopia & Prince Fisseha Tsion Ermias of Ethopia (1992), sons of Prince Ermias Sahle Selassie & Woizero Gelila Fesseha
- Princess Aisha bint Al Faisal & Princess Sara bint Al Faisal (1997), twin daughters of Prince Faisal bin Al Hussein and Princess Alia
- Princess Sofia of Bulgaria & Prince Umberto of Bulgaria (1999), fraternal twins of The Prince and Princess of Vidin.
- Prince Léopold of Nassau & Princess Charlotte of Nassau, fraternal twins of Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg (2000)
- Prince Aymeric of Belgium & Prince Nicolas of Belgium (2005), twin sons of Prince Laurent & Princess Claire of Belgium
- Princess Paulina of Hesse & Hereditary Prince Moritz of Hesse (2007), fraternal twins of The Landgrave and The Landgravine of Hesse
- Prince Louis of Bourbon & Prince Alphonse of Bourbon (2010), twin sons of The Duke and Duchess of Anjou
- Prince Vincent of Denmark & Princess Josephine of Denmark (2011), fraternal twins of The Crown Princely Couple of Denmark
- Prince Carl Friedrich, Hereditary Prince of Prussia & Prince Louis Ferinand of Prussia (2013), twin sons of The Prince and Princess of Prussia
- Princess Gabriella Thérèse Marie of Monaco, The Countess of Carladès & Prince Jacques Honoré Rainier, Hereditary Prince of Monaco, (2014), fraternal twins of The Prince and Princess of Monaco