- Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway
- Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway
- Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden
- Prince Joachim of Denmark
- Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece
- Jane Stephens
- Jeppe Handwerk
- Hamish Campbell
He was named:
- Christian is after his great-great-grandfather, Christian X of Denmark, continuing the Danish royal tradition of the heir apparent being named either Christian or Frederick.
- Valdemar is after Valdemar IV of Denmark. It is also a common royal name. The Prince's uncle Joachim has Waldemar as one of his names. The Prince's cousin Felix, Joachim's second son, has Valdemar as one of his names.
- Henri is after his paternal grandfather, Prince Henrik, whose given name is Henri.
- John is after his maternal grandfather, John Donaldson.
Although his mother claims that he does not know that he one day will be the Danish King, he has performed several royal duties. In 2006, he participated in his first official royal duty when he attended the opening of the new elephant house at the Copenhagen Zoo with his grandfather. In June 2010, he was a page boy at the wedding of his godmother, Crown Princess Victoria. In November 2010, he accompanied his mother and grandfather to the unveiling of a painting of Prince Ulrik of Denmark at Rosenborg Castle.On 11 January 2012, he, along his grandmother, revealed a painting of his father, his grandmother and himself.